How To: Cute Apple Nails
- Wednesday, 01 February 2012
Hello bubbiful ones,
I have an ADORABLE nail art tutorial for you guys today. You guys know I have this weird obsession with fruits right? These cute apple nails are so colourful and fun. I was inspired to do these pretty nails after staying over at my dad's place. My big sister was wearing these apple pjs and I thought the little apples looked really cute and would work well as a nail design. Looking at my bright nails makes me happy tehee. I'll show you how I draw the whole apples and also the half-cut apple design too.
It's super easy to do and you will only need your nail polishes and some tooth picks. No professional nail tools are required.
Check out this quick nail tutorial below:
Some pictures of the Apple Nails:
Take your pick. You can keep your apple nail art as 'whole apples' or in a variety with sliced apples. You can have them all red or even all green. The apples look so glossy ^_^
For your other hand, it's probably best to leave it with the 'whole apple' design. Makes it easier.
- A base colour (I used a nude sheer base)
- A red nail polish
- A brown (or black) nail polish
- A green nail polish
- A White nail polish
- And/or cream nail polish
- A few tooth picks
Tips to creating this nail design:
- Be patient. Let each layer dry before working on a new layer. If not, your nail design will look clumpy and not dry properly.
- Try to have each layer as thin as possible (since we will be building up layers).
- Round off your nails with a nail file so the apples look rounder.
- Very important to apply a finishing coat. It will keep your nail design longer lasting. I have been a fan of Revlon's finishing coat for a while. It's cheap and cheerful but works great.
Have fun guys. Please let me know if you have any more nail art requests. It's been so nice to be able to do my nails again. I haven't done anything to them in a while because I'm been painting again. The acrylic gets all over my nails and when I remove the acrylic paint- it removes my nail polish too so I never really bothered to paint my nails.
Until next time, take care everyone! Happy February!
Much love, Bubz xx